Need to add or remove coverage?
Adding or removing coverage for yourself or your dependents is as simple as completing and submitting the applicable form and some support documentation. Each insurance type (medical, dental, life, flex, vision) has its own form.Each insurance type has just one form which is used to enroll, disenroll and/or make changes.
The month of November each year is the St. Louis County/ARC Open Enrollment period.If you submit a change during and under open enrollment it will be effective the following January 1st.No support documentation is needed for coverage changes requested under open enrollment.If you are making changes outside of open enrollment there are many policies, rules, guidelines, statutes, and laws that govern your ability to make changes.You will need a mid-year qualifying event to qualify to make changes and you must request these changes within the applicable timeframe.You will always have at least 30 days from your qualifying event date to submit a form requesting a change.Some events allow more time.Inquire ahead of time to find out if you have more than 30 days.The most common mid-year qualifying events are listed below.If your change in circumstance is not listed below please inquire with Human Resources to see if you have a qualifying event.
- No support document needed
- Don’t apply until you have SSN
- Coverage is retroactive to date of birth
- Form adding child cannot be submitted prior to birth/adoption
- Provide state and county of marriage on form
- No marriage certificate required for coverage but provide a copy to your timekeeper if it involves a name change
- Provide County and state of divorce, name and address of former spouse on form
- No divorce decree required for coverage change but provide a copy to your timekeeper if it involves a name change
Loss of Other Coverage:
- Submit form within 30 days even if you haven’t yet received the needed support document
- Support document is typically a COBRA notice from your former plan but it can be a letter or screenshot that includes letterhead or logo, names and the date coverage is lost
- Most insurance coverage does not end on the last day worked but goes through the end of the calendar month or longer.Don’t assume,ask and get documentation.
Gain of Other Coverage:
- Submit form within 30 days even if you haven’t yet receive the needed support document
- Support document is typically a benefit award letter but can be any letter or screenshot that includes letterhead or logo, names and date coverage was gained