The St. Louis County Health Insurance Committee will work to understand health insurance issues and trends, understand the County self-insured fund, recommend annual rates to the County Board, and provide education, advice and information on health insurance-related issues to the St. Louis County Board, its employees and members of the self-insured plan.
• Study and strategize around the Affordable Care Act
• Educate member to be proactive in their health and healthcare
• Study and collect feedback on early retiree pooling requirements
• Identify and investigate claims drivers
• Study medical benefit design strategies and trends
• Explore alternate health plan option with lower premium
• Explore Rx copay alternatives with Prime Therapeutics and BCBSM