For primary election results, please visit the MN Secretary of State’s website.
The mission of the St. Louis County Land and Minerals Department is to promote, enhance and protect St. Louis County Tax Forfeited Trust lands by providing professional expertise in the use of sound land management principles for:
- Financial return to the county and taxing districts
- Performing public services
- Maintain and improving forest health and productivity
- Providing raw material for local industry
- Providing opportunity for tourism and recreation
- Protecting wildlife habitat, soil resources, and water quality
- Providing for scientific research
The Department is dedicated to long-term management of the Tax Forfeited Trust for the economic, social and ecological benefit of the people of St. Louis County. The Land and Minerals Department's vision hinges on the concept of sustainability.
In other words, protecting the natural environment while enhancing economic opportunity and community well-being.
The vision of St. Louis County Land and Minerals Department is to provide the optimum combination of benefits from tax forfeited trust lands through leadership and a commitment to a standard of excellence in the management of the Tax Forfeited Trust Lands for the people of St. Louis County.
The Department's core function is to administer Tax Forfeited Trust Lands for the benefit of the County, School Districts and Townships in accordance with Statute.
Management of an enterprise fund of this nature requires fiduciary responsibility, innovation, and flexibility to accomplish our core function successfully.