The Safety and Risk Management Division has six key tasks:
- Monitoring compliance with County safety rules, State OSHA safety and health standards and Federal OSHA requirements.
- Developing and implementing written safety programs for County facilities; Investigating, correcting, and reducing unsafe or unhealthy working conditions and potential hazards.
- Conducting periodic safety and health inspections of work areas, and facilities; Also, representing the County during investigations conducted by State and Federal OSHA staff.
- Organizing and presenting safety and health related training; Investigating and reporting accidents, hazardous incidents, and near misses involving County employees and facilities.
- Mine inspection
- Evaluating the effectiveness of the County’s safety program.