About Licensed SSTS Professionals

All businesses that design, install, maintain, inspect or provide service to Subsurface Sewage Treatment Systems (SSTS) in Minnesota need a license from the MPCA. To become licensed, the business owner must:

  • Complete training requirements or employ certified individuals
  • Provide evidence of surety bond
  • Provide evidence of general liability insurance

Forms to be used by SSTS contractors working in St. Louis County are provided below:

Search All Contractor Documents


On-Site Wastewater

Virginia Office

Phone: 218-749-0625 
Fax: 218-749-7194

Duluth Office
Phone: 218-725-5200
Fax: 218-725-5029

All contacts