St. Louis County offers different forms of financial assistance for septic owners.
Low Interest Loans
: Repair, replacement or upgrading of any portion-of an ISTS that is outside the residential or commercial structure, including any part of a collector system between the house and the junction with the collector system. Click here
for additional details.
- Low Interest Loan
- Maximum 10 Years
- 3% Interest Rate
- Maximum Loan $50,000
- No Income Restrictions
- Monthly Payments: Available to qualified low income persons. Applicant’s household projected annual income must be at or below the low-income limits within the USDA-RD income guidelines for St. Louis County.
Deferred Loans: Repair, replace, or upgrade any portion of an individual sewage treatment system deemed an Imminent Threat to Public Health (ITPH) or Non-Compliant. Click here for additional details.
- System must be an Imminent Threat to Public Health (ITPH) or Non-Compliant
- Available to qualified low and moderate income persons.
- Applicant’s household projected annual income must be less than 50% of the area median income guideline for St. Louis County as published by HUD
- Forgivable Deferred Loan
- Forgivable after 5 years of Living in the Home
Arrowhead Economic Opportunity Agency (AEOA)