Who can answer my questions about tax forfeited land?

Tax forfeited lands are owned by the State of Minnesota. Tax forfeited lands located in St. Louis County are managed by the St. Louis County Land & Minerals Department. 218-726-2606

Email Land & Minerals Department

Where do I get a building permit?

If your property is located within the Duluth city limits, call the City of Duluth Construction Services & Inspections division at 218-730-5240

If your property is located outside of the Duluth city limits, call the St. Louis County Planning & Zoning Department at 218-471-7103

Property Owners Information Guide

How do I find my property lines?

The County Land Explorer program will give you the approximate location of your property lines. For further assistance, you will need to consult with a land surveyor. 

County Land Explorer

Property Owners Information Guide

Who can help tenants and landlords?

One Roof Community Housing
12 E 4th St
Duluth, MN 55802
Tenants & Landlord Assistance


Legal Aid Service of Northeastern MN
302 Ordean Building
424 West Superior Street
Duluth, MN 55802
Toll free: 877-696-6529


The Arrowhead Multi-Housing Owners Association


There is an old well on my property - who do I call for information?

The Minnesota Department of Health
Duluth, Northeastern District
Duluth Technology Village
11 East Superior Street, Suite 290
Duluth, MN 55820-2007

Email Minnesota Department of Health

Web page

How do I bid on a county construction project?

My neighbor has piles of garbage in their yard - who do I call?

The City of Duluth has a blight complaint form on their website:

City of Duluth Blight Complaint


The Western Lake Superior Sanitary District (WLSSD) oversees the region around Duluth, Minnesota, including the cities of Duluth, Cloquet, Hermantown, Proctor, Carlton, Scanlon, Thomson and Wrenshall, and nine surrounding townships. WLSSD Hotline: 218-722-0761


Outside of the City of Duluth area, the St. Louis County Environmental Services Department should be contacted at 218-749-9703 or 800-450-9278.

Email St. Louis County Environmental Services

Can I use a county conference room for my meetings?

County Facilities Usage Policy
Resolution No. 46

January 14, 1992

RESOLVED, that the St. Louis County Board hereby reaffirms that the use of the St. Louis County Board Room and conference rooms in county facilities will be limited to County-related committees and task forces, other government entities and their committees or task forces, and existing County elected officials.

Property Taxes - who can help me?

The County Assessor determines the value of your land and buildings. 218-726-2304

The County Auditor calculates and collects the property taxes. 218-726-2383


Property Management

All contacts