Motor Vehicle/DNR Licenses


I lost my decals for a recreational vehicle. How do I get a new one?

Bring your registration number and driver's license to our office.

I didn't get a renewal card for my vehicle. What do I do?

Come to our office and bring your driver's license, license plate number.

I applied for a title and have not received it yet. What do I do?

Allow eight weeks for a title and two weeks for a duplicate title, then call our office.

How do I pro-rate a vehicle?

Call the pro-rate office in St. Paul at (651) 405-6161.

Do the buyer and seller have to be present to transfer ownership of a vehicle?

To protect the interest of both parties, it is best that the buyer and seller be present to transfer the title.

If my title is in my name or someone else's do we both have to sign the title if the vehicle is sold?

If all registered owners are alive, everyone must sign when transferring the title to a new owner.

What is a State snowmobile trail sticker and how much is it?

A State snowmobile trail sticker is required for all persons operating a snowmobile on state or grant-in-aid trails. It is valid from November 1st - April 30th. An annual sticker is $16. A three-year sticker is available for $31 and must be purchased with a snowmobile renewal.