Welcome to our new website. St. Louis County is dedicated to improving your experience.

Land Alteration


Trees and Rocky Shoreline

Filling, grading, or excavating on shoreland property requires a land alteration permit if the activity that you are planning exceeds certain limits. To find the standards for land alterations, see Ordinance 62 or Land Alteration Standards below.