The rural character and natural landscapes of St. Louis County provide numerous opportunities for outdoor recreation.
Hunting, fishing, hiking, and other forms of recreation are common activities on tax forfeit lands. Many of these activities are monitored and regulated by the Department of Natural Resources.
Information on Deer Stands, Shooting Lanes and Food Plots on St. Louis County Tax Forfeited Lands can be found here.
The Land and Minerals Department has a preliminary mapping application showing trails, deer permit areas and forest cover types with ages on County managed lands.
Forest Maps (click here to open)
Click on the "Layers" Button.
To activate the forest cover layers you must be zoomed into a section or closer.
- Click on the plus sign in front of Forest Cover Data to open up the available forest cover layers
- Click on the check box in front of Forest Cover Data and in front of one of the available layers to activate that layer
- Click on the plus sign in front of the layers to show the legend for that layer
- Forest Cover Aspen Birch Stand Age - stands shaded by 10 year age classes
- Forest Cover Upland Lowland - upland and lowland productive timber areas shaded
- Forest Cover - all forest cover types with age (in parenthesis)
If you like this map or have any comments or suggestions please email them to email@example.com