LAND & PROPERTYEducational ResourcesInformation Services   

Informational Resources

Check back for new content.

Flood Recovery Information

Helpful resources:

Extension Flood Recovery Resource Information: University of Minnesota Extension flood website:

For consumers inquiring about flood recovery resources (who have smart phones) note the handy "disaster recovery app" where you can record the damages to your home and property with text, images and audio right to your smart phone.

North Dakota State University flood website:

Answer line: 1-800-854-1678  For questions regarding cleaning, home environment, and safety.

Farm information line: 1-800-232-9077

Gardening guidance from the St. Louis County horticulturist:  Garden and Lawn



Information Services Events

If you need answers to your questions, here is a list of recommended phone services from the University of Minnesota Extension and other organizations.


Organization Phone and Hours Service
2-1-1 Information & Referral

(Cell phone users call 800-543-7709)

24 hours a day, 7 days a week

United Way's 2-1-1 Information and Referral Service will help you find information about education, housing, counseling, health services, child care, employment assistance, food, youth services,  senior services, veteran services, and much more.  
Answer Line



9 a.m.-12 noon
1-4 p.m.

Household experts answer questions about safely cooking, canning and freezing foods and cleaning stains and mildew, and other household questions.
Bell Museum



2-5 p.m.

The Bell Museum is located at the University of Minnesota. Students and staff answer questions about wildlife, specifically mammals and birds.
Farm Information Line



8:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.

Extension educators respond to Minnesota agriculture and small acreage farm questions.  They provide referrals to local Extension agriculture personnel where available.
Forest Resources 1-612-624-3020 Specialists for trained students answer questions on small woodlot management, agriculture, and urban forestry.
Onsite Sewage Treatment Program



8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.

An educator answers questions on operation and maintenance of sewage treatment.
Minnesota Attorney General Consumer Assistance 1-800-657-3787 Trained representatives respond to questions concerning topics such as telemarketing, no-call list, landlord/tenant rights and consumer fraud.
MN Department of Commerce Energy Information Center



8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.

Representatives respond to questions about insurance, family finance and telephones.  Energy reps answer questions about ice dams, building codes, moisture in homes, windows, and offer conservation ideas.
MN Foodborne Illness Hotline 1-877-366-3455 Trained health program representative responds to people who believe they have gotten sick from food.  A report is filed.
United Way's First Call Minnesota 211 Trained workers refer callers to education, health and human service agencies.
EPA Indoor Air Quality Information Hotline



10 a.m.-6 p.m.

Specialists respond to questions on indoor air quality such as mold in the home and flood damage.
USDA Meat and Poultry Hotline



11 a.m.-5 p.m.

Recorded messages on meat and poultry as well as an option to transfer to a specialist who responds to questions regarding the safe handling, cooking, storage, and nutrition of meat and poultry.
USDA Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition Outreach and Information Center



11 a.m.-5 p.m.

Trained specialists respond to questions about food (safety, nutrition, recalls) and women's health.
Excel Energy 1-800-895-4999 Trained representatives respond to safety questions about gas and electric appliances, power outages and tree trimming.  You do not need to be an Excel customer to receive an answer.





1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 3