Contact: Scott Smith,
Physical Planning Mgr, Planning Department (218) 725-5005
FINAL EIS AVAILABLE -- 3 BAYS ON VERMILION
St. Louis County has prepared an Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) for 3 Bays on Vermilion, a residential subdivision proposed by U.S. Steel Corporation (USS). USS proposes subdivision of up to 170 single family residential lots on approximately 1,400 acres of property on the south shore of Lake Vermilion in the Town of Breitung, approximately two miles east of the City of Tower.
Copies of the EIS have been distributed and are also available for review at the following locations during regular office hours.
· St. Louis County Planning Department (Duluth Office), 100 Missabe Building, 227 West First Street, Duluth, MN 55802. Phone: (218) 725-5000
· St. Louis County Planning Department (Virginia Office), Northland Office Center, East Wing, 307 South First Street, Virginia, MN 55792. Phone: (218) 749-7103
· City of Tower, 602 Main Street, Tower, MN 55790. Phone: (218) 753-4070
· Town of Breitung, P.O. Box 56, Soudan, Minnesota 55782. Phone: (218) 753-6020
· Duluth Public Library, 520 West Superior Street, Duluth, MN 55802
· Virginia Public Library, 215 Fifth Avenue South, Virginia, MN 55792
The EIS is also available on the St. Louis County website at www.co.st-louis.mn.us
The EIS will be made available for public review beginning December 18, 2006. Written comments as to the adequacy of the final EIS will be accepted until January 5, 2007.
Written comments may be directed to:
Scott Smith, Physical Planning Manager
St. Louis County Planning Department
100 Missabe Building
227 West First Street
Duluth, MN 55802