Obtaining a Fireworks Permit

The sponsor of a display of fireworks must be a city, fair association, amusement park or other public or private organization. Examples of private organization are Eagles, Elks, Legion Clubs, businesses, companies, lake associations and private colleges. PERMITS CANNOT BE ISSUED TO INDIVIDUALS.  Request for the permit must be made at least 15 days prior to the event.  Minnesota state law requires that the display be conducted under the direct supervision of a pyrotechnic operator certified by the State Fire Marshall.  Proof of a bond or certificate of insurance in the amount of at least $200,000/$500,000 is required. The fee is $50.00.

For additional information, please contact us by phone at 218 726-2000 (Ext. 4526) or via e-mail at 

total items   2   items x page