Obtaining Your Drivers License
You can obtain standard licenses, commercial (unless there is a hazardous waste material or school bus endorsement), provisional driver's licenses, instructions permits and identifications cards.
Services: Renew, change, or apply for duplicate licenses/permits/IDs.
Identification: If you do not have a current driver's license, please bring a birth certificate and Social Security card to identify yourself. If you do not have those forms, other specific forms of identification will be required. If you lost your Minnesota driver's license and still live at the address shown on the license, identification is not required.
Related Services: These services are NOT provided by the Service Center (They are provided locally at the Driver's License Exam Station, 4602 Grand Avenue, Suite 990, Duluth, Minnesota 55807, (218) 628-4925).
- Road Tests
- Apply, renew, or change commercial driver's license with hazardous waste material endorsement
- Apply for, renew or change commercial driver's license with a school bus endorsement
- New Minnesota residents applying for their driver's license (a written test is required)
- First time applicant services for drivers license/ID/permits
- Enhanced Drivers License or Enhanced Identification Cards
(Only State of Minnesota Driver Exam stations are authorized to process these)
Hours and Locations:
Miller Hill Mall
1600 Miller Trunk Highway, Suite EO3
Duluth, MN 55811
Phone: (218) 279-2520
Fax: (218) 279-2521
Hours: Monday-Friday 9 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Saturday 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.