St. Louis County provides a comprehensive employee benefits package, including: medical, dental, and life insurance; a P.E.R.A. retirement pension; paid leave; flexible scheduling opportunities; an on-staff wellness coordinator; and a variety of voluntary benefits including deferred compensation, flexible spending accounts, and others. A printer-friendly one-page document touches on the highlights of St. Louis County employee benefits.
- Benefit Forms: Consider this your one-stop shop for benefits forms. Here you will find forms for enrollments/disenrollments, adding/dropping dependents, and changes of address/name/beneficiary.
- Medical: St. Louis County provides single or family coverage to non-temporary employees after one full calendar month of employment.
- Dental: St Louis County offers single dental insurance to all employees, with the option of voluntarily enrolling in a dependent dental plan as well.
- Retirement: All non-temporary St. Louis County employees are enrolled in a P.E.R.A pension plan once they are hired. In addition to a P.E.R.A. pension, employees have the opportunity for voluntary enrollment in a deferred compensation account with select vendors.
- Life: All non-temporary St. Louis County employees are offered a term life policy approximately equal to their annual pay.
- Flexible Spending: Employees have the opportunity to defer part of their pay for tax-free out-of-pocket medical expenses, adoption expenses, and dependent care expenses.
- Employee Assistance Program: NuVantage (formerly Lifeworks) Employee Resource offers a broad array of services designed to assist with problems that can impact the work performance and personal well being of employees and their families. Learn more about the Employee Assistance Program...
- Wellness: St. Louis County employees with motivation and the spirit of wellness can find all the education and support they need to make a big impact on their health and well-being.
- Disability Insurance: Most people insure their car, their health and their life. But consider how important it is to insure your paycheck. Your ability to earn a living affects every aspect of your life and those who depend on you.