Duluth Government Services Center
| Address: ||Duluth Government Services Center|
320 West 2nd Street
Duluth, MN 55802
| Phone:||(218) 726-2000|
| Year Built:|| ||1981|
| Sq. ft:|| ||165,484|
|- Retro-fit of existing lighting to high efficiency fixtures.|
- Stairwells repainted for improved lighting levels.
- Inefficient electric chiller A/C unit replaced by city district cooling.
- All exit lights replaced with long-life low power fixtures.
- Relocation of high-traffic departments to lower levels to reduce elevator electricity demands.
- 6 kW architectural wind turbine project, including the installation of six 1,000 watt grid tied wind turbines.
- Photovoltaic (PV) panel mounts installed in a roof replacement project, delivering maximum electricity output during mid day peak usage in a "peak shaving" effort.
Duluth Government Services Center (GSC) Data Center Relocation and Upgrade Project:
This project will model the “high performance data center” as prescribed by new design standards of the Rocky Mountain Institute studies and publications. This high performance data center will consume approximately 70% less electrical energy than the existing data center. This is achieved through “design from the ground up” method, where all components and equipment (both computing and cooling) are integrated as a whole system. The conversion to a high performance data center will save the county approx $4,000 per month in electrical and HVAC costs - plus free up valuable office space.