St Louis County Public Health offers immunizations clinics. Call for information or to schedule an appointment: Duluth 218-725-5210; Virginia 218-749-0600; Hibbing 218-262-6000; Ely 218-365-8220 or toll free 800-450-9777.
Minnesota Vaccines for Children (MnVFC)
Many medical practices participate in the Minnesota Vaccines for Children program (MnVFC). This is Minnesota’s version of the federal Vaccines for Children (VFC) program which works to make vaccines accessible and affordable for all children.
Who qualifies for the MnVFC program?
- Children who are uninsured
- Children who are enrolled in Medical Assistance (MA) or Prepaid Medical Assistance Programs (PMAP)
- Children who are American Indian or Alaskan Natives
- Children with insurance that does not cover one or more vaccines
- Children with insurance that caps vaccine coverage at a certain amount; once that amount is reached the child is MnVFC eligible
- Children with insurance with any unmet deductible: once the deductible is paid the child is no long MnVFC eligible
Check with your health care provider to see if their practice participates in the MnVFC program or call your local Public Health office for more information.