Employment Opportunities For Veterans
Veterans receive hands on training and have a established ability in new skills and concepts. We can go into a workforce with identifiable and transferable skills that are verified in real-world situations. Listed below are just a few of the agencies (with a brief description) that are available to help veterans seeking employment.
- America's Job Bank is a source for employment information and are sponsored by the US Department of Labor
- Beyond the Yellow Ribbon are contacted by Employers that are seeking qualified individuals, and would like to hire a Service member. On this page you'll find job openings, networking group information and additional resources.
- Doing Business with the VA (Construction)
- Doing Business with the VA (Acquisition and Logistics)
- Doing Business with the VA (Volunteer)
- fedshirevets.gov is the U.S. Office of Personnel Management’s Government-wide Veterans Employment Website. This website is a critical component of the Federal Government’s strategy for the recruitment and employment of Veterans.
- iSeek Solutions ISEEK is Minnesota's comprehensive career, education, and job resource. Find out more about the website, ISEEK partners, and policies.
- Medical Jobs MedicalJobs.org aims to help people learn about medical careers and figure out what medical job is right for them.
- Minnesota Works - MinnesotaWorks.net is an internet-based self-service system where employers and job seekers can find each other. Registration is encouraged because it allows full access to all the features of the system. This site is supported by Employer tax dollars and there is no additional fee to use this service.
- Minnesota Council of NonProfits - Through its Web site, resource publications, workshops and events, cost-saving programs and advocacy, MCN continually works to inform, promote, connect and strengthen individual nonprofits and the nonprofit sector.
- The Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development (DEED) is the State's principal economic development agency to promote business recruitment, expansion, and retention; international trade; workforce development; and community development. They also facilitates an economic environment to produce jobs and improve the quality of the state’s workforce. These actions support the economic success of Minnesota individuals, businesses, and communities by providing opportunities for growth.
- Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization - Website provides an overview of VA’s small business programs, registration for upcoming vendor day conferences, as well as program goals and accomplishments.
- St. Louis County - provides opportunities for great jobs within a proven organization. With over 300 different types of jobs in the County, you can customize your employment experience in many ways. Live in a big city or small town, work indoors or outdoors, take training classes to sharpen your skills, and seize the chance to give back to your community. Providing Stability, Livability, and Community for 154 years, SLC has something for you.
- Starting a Small Business - The Department of Veterans Affairs has created the Center for Veterans Enterprise (CVE), which is solely dedicated to assisting veterans in starting and building businesses.
- USA Jobs - USAJOBS is the Federal Government's official one-stop source for Federal jobs and employment information.
||Ask a Benefit Question
Submit your question online and we will respond. Please do not include any personal information such as your social security number when submitting your request